The Payments Business Voice
The Payments Business (TPB) is a professional network that offers members an information repository, a forum for debate, and a directory to promote your business. Our approach is all-encompassing and widespread. We cover the key aspects of the industry including: new industry initiatives, regulatory needs, innovative products, risk, and payment infrastructures; all within the Retail and Corporate Banking sector.
The Payments Business Information Hub
Sunak to give firms £1,000 cash bonus to hire trainees
The government is pledging to provide 30,000 new traineeships to get young people in England into work, as fears about mounting unemployment increase.
Traineeships provide classroom-based lessons in maths, English and CV writing, as well as up to 90 hours of unpaid work experience.
Under the £111m scheme, firms in England will be given £1,000 for each new work experience place they offer.
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will receive £21m for similar schemes.
The additional funding for traineeships is set to be announced by the Chancellor Rishi Sunak on Wednesday when he will unveil an economic plan to deal with the aftermath of the coronavirus crisis.
What is a traineeship?
- A traineeship is a course that includes a work placement
- It can last from six weeks up to six months
- Traineeships are aimed at 16 to 24-year-olds in England
- Trainees may complete a maximum of 240 hours of work experience over six months
- Providers should offer an interview for an apprenticeship or job, if available at the end of the scheme
Employers are not required to pay trainees for a work placement, unlike apprenticeships where the minimum wage rate is £4.15 per hour.
On an apprenticeship, a person is employed to do work while studying for a formal qualification, usually for one day a week, either at a college or training centre over a number of years.
If you have anything you’d like us to promote in our newsletter, please let me know.
John Doyle | 7801536104
Webinars and Meetups
This is a list of website links to which you can go to sign up to various webinars run by our members and partners.
If you have an event you’d like us to promote please contact mw with the details: John Doyle
Newsletters that deal with payments that we recommend
The Payments Voice Daily Headlines
Visit our news page to see the payment headlines from publications around the world. Staying in touch is very important and our extensive extracts from the news channels will help.
If you would like to have your publications RSS Feed added to our list, please let me know, John Doyle.
Our guest publisher today is:
- Yves Mersch: In the spirit of European cooperation
- ECB welcomes initiative to launch new European payment solution
- The ECB’s monetary policy during the coronavirus crisis – necessary, suitable and proportionate
- Luis de Guindos: Interview with La Stampa
- Fabio Panetta: The price of uncertainty and uncertainty about prices: monetary policy in the post-COVID-19 economy
- Philip R. Lane: Interview with Reuters news agency
- Isabel Schnabel: The ECB’s monetary policy during the coronavirus crisis – necessary, suitable and proportionate
- Decisions taken by the Governing Council of the ECB (in addition to decisions setting interest rates)
- New Eurosystem repo facility to provide euro liquidity to non-euro area central banks
- Meeting of 3-4 June 2020